You’ve heard it a million times before…what we feed our body reflects in how our body behaves. If we eat fast food and drink soda all day, chances are we will feel a little sluggish. If we eat fresh fruits and veggies and lean organic meats, we will most likely have more energy. Often one might think they eat ‘good’, but when really forced to look at each meal and dissect it, there are many ways it could get better. We need to eat to live, not live to eat. I know, easier said then done. But there are ways to head in the right direction without starving or depriving yourself so intensely that you eventually give up and go back to your old ways. Start by adjusting the quantity of the food you are eating. Smaller portions will often surprisingly satisfy your body. One way to do this may be to leave just 1 or 2 bites of every meal/snack on your plate. If you want to get more detailed, you can weigh your food on a food scale to get an eye for appropriate serving sizes. The next step may be to take each meal, one at a time, and adjust it. If you normally skip breakfast, start by eating something very easy on the stomach, a banana or maybe a yogurt. This will get your metabolism going, and prevent your body from going into starvation mode. Many of us think that if we skip a meal, it will save us calories. Actually, the opposite happens. Your body will go into starvation mode and start holding on to and storing the calories when you do eventually eat, giving you the opposite of what you are trying to achieve.
- Try These Four Things…: [...] 4) Prepare your favorite dishes, just ‘healthier’. What do I mean by healthier? Start by checking out an earlier ...
- Mark: Great points. Very helpful.
- rachel: Thanks for posting this, Dawn! I can't wait until the half-marathon in June!
- Mark: As an amateur athlete, I have found that training for funtional fitness has helped keep my injuries down. Also, when ...
- Mark: This is a truly amazing story. Great job, Bob! Dawn, is doing it again!
- Mark: Way to go Shannon, Ross and Dawn!
- LE: Oh lordy--congrats!
- LE: I also love cheese. Oh so much. I've found that the individually packaged string cheeses are ...
- Tara Kawczynski: I love cheese! Now I'm informed on what kinds are best for me, thanks.
- dsprinkle: This is really good information, Dawn. Thanks for the research. I always went by the "rule" that white ...
- Mark: This is a very informative post. I like how you give us the data and the mindset to be healthy ...
- Tara Kawczynski: That's really scary to see the facts, good detective work.
- Tara Kawczynski: Wow! Cool photos You have to be quite an amazing rider to just get up and continue on racing.
- Tara Kawczynski: Looks like fun, I wish I could have joined
- Tara Kawczynski: Good luck Shannon! I'm so glad your finally getting to accomplish a dream of yours, and with Dawn by your ...
Our Location – Let’s Coordinate!
The Exercise Space
Contact us to determine locations and times that are convenient for you!
CONTACT EMAIL-> click here
Exercise Space Video Blog
* Mouse over video for more episode choices. * HD available in fullscreen.