What we put in our mouths is just as important as how much we move our bodies. For many of us it is a challenge to get movement throughout each day. For others it is a challenge to control portion sizes and make healthy food choices. And for lots of us it is both- the combination of healthy food choices and daily exercise. These choices can help us to be our optimal selves. Whether you need to lose 5 lbs or 500 lbs, the journey is still the challenge.
Until we change our minds, our mouths and bodies will not follow. You may think it would be nice to be a certain size, or lose a certain number of pounds. But until you are truly ready to change your mind, you will not reach and stay within your goals. Being healthy is not a temporary thing. Sure you may want to look good in a bathing suit for an upcoming trip, or wear a certain size wedding gown. These occasions go away, but we are still faced with our daily life. We have many choices each day and what we choose each time defines our lifestyle. Lifestyleis the key word here. A healthy lifestyle is a consistent lifestyle…
Tips For a Healthy Lifestyle:
- Throw out the ‘all or nothing’ mentality
- Erase ”I’ll start tomorrow” from your vocabulary, there is no time like the present!
- Have an extra glass of water
- Move your body each day for at least 30 minutes
- Turn off the Tv one day per week
- Find activities you enjoy and do more of them. For example climb to the moon!
- Get out in the sunshine for a natural boost of vitamin D…or talk to your Dr. about taking a vitamin D supplement if you live in a sun deprived area (Hello Seattle)
- Try Meatless Mondays
- Don’t deprive yourself; just have a bite instead of the whole thing!
- Seek out and surround yourself with active peeps
- Sneak in more fruits & veggies
- Laugh more